|| The Amusement
Catering Equipment Society
is a long established society
for Showmen, Acts and suppliers
to the events industry including
mobile caterers. It deals with
the welfare of its members and
the operation of members' equipment.
A.C.E.S is an alternative to the
Showman's Guild. Gaining in popularity
from day one, the Society has
members from all over the UK operating
fairground rides, shows, bouncy
castles, juvenile rides, trampolines,
catering units, circus proprietors
and workshops, Punch & Judy shows,
street performers, entertainers
- in fact anything in the amusement
A.C.E.S exists for the mutual
benefit of its members. When you
join the Society you have the
support of a committee who have
worked in the amusement trade
for many years. If you are already
a member of The Showman’s Guild,
SIRPS or any other Trade Body
there is no problem with you joining
A.C.E.S in addition.
As anyone who operates on showground's will know, as each year passes showmen are met by more and more legislation, including risk assessments, public liability insurances, ADIPS & PIPA tests, electrical tests, NDT tests, design reviews, PRS certificates and exemption certificates for Showmen’s lorries. Should you find you are having problems regarding any of these or others, A.C.E.S will do our best to help, calling upon the years of experiences of other members.
A.C.E.S only accepts members who
operate in a safe and legal manner.
Because of this councils and local
authorities recognise A.C.E.S
as an official trade body, assisting
members in securing bookings on
council land and obtaining winter
As a member you receive a quarterly Newsletter with updates on proposed legislation, news, features and articles. Click on 'The Showman' image on this page to view/download a bitesize version of the newsletter.
* Membership qualifies Showmen for a discounted Showman’s vehicle insurance with some brokers.
* Members with Shooting Galleries can apply for a Fire Arms Exemption Certificates.
* Get notification of safety alerts from the ADSC & HSE.
* Notification of any free to attend Safety & Health Awareness Days from the ADSC.
* Quarterly newsletters available in print or digital versions.
* Advice on education for Showman’s children.
* Custom printing of our Roadside Document for members to assist when stopped by VOSA etc.
* Advice on Showman’s transport and exemptions.
* A link on the ACES website to your own site (The ACES website has a high value ranking which will add value to a members own website).
Two members’ meetings are held
every year, the A.G.M being in
November. These meetings are usually
held at Gaydon, in Warwickshire
(junction 12 M40). There is a
quality pub opposite the venue,
where a good lunch may be enjoyed
It costs just £30.00 a year to
be part of this friendly and professional
Society. If you need any further
information, or would like to
join, please contact the Membership
Secretary Phil Pike on the details
t: 01245 328221 / e: email@example.com
Amusement Devices Safety Council.
ACES is proud to sit on and be an active part of the Amusement Devices Safety Council.
The council’s purpose is to promote and improve fairground and amusement park safety through rules and procedures relating to the inspection of amusement devices.
The council has support and input from the HSE.
ACES expects its members to positively contribute to safety in our industry, primarily the safety of the public.
Please see the following links for information.